Location: Old Leake Primary School, Lincolnshire, UK
Salary: Grade 4 (£20,043 - £21,269 actual salary)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 26th July 2022
Interview Date: Friday, 29th July 2022
Old Leake Primary and Nursery School is all about happy, hardworking children having fun trying to reach their own personal best in all areas of the school life. Our motto is ‘Success for all'.
We offer high quality teaching in a stimulating, caring community. We have high expectations for all pupils. We welcome diversity and shared experiences, interests and strengths. Each class is a vibrant exciting, learning centre where the children are challenged in a supportive, caring environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Voyage Education Partnership for a Site Manager to be based at Old Leake Primary School. The purpose of this role is to provide high quality site management of all site maintenance and services including the site/cleaning staff and external contractors. To maintain a healthy and safe environment for students, staff, and other users/visitors.
Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties:
Implement the planned repair and maintenance program in line with the Estates Vision and Plan and Health and Safety standards:
- Ensure Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with recognized HSE regulations/ACOPs/guidance notes.
- Ensure statutory requirements in relation to systems/equipment/plant.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure work is carried out to a high standard in a timely manner.
- Ensure relevant documentation is obtained from contractors – Risk Assessments, DBS details, insurance certs and training records.
- Assist with managing contracts/SLAs to ensure the trust is getting value for money.
- Assist with specifications and orders for all repairs/improvements and authorize relevant works.
- Ensure efficient operation of heating, water, and electricity supplies and to carry out routine checks and minor repairs, as necessary.
- Ensure the sites are clear of waste and pests in line with agreed procedures.
To be responsible for carrying out security procedures for buildings, facilities and grounds including security patrols and inspections:
- Carry out security procedures including the opening of buildings and lock up procedures.
- Respond to alarm call outs outside normal working hours or to ensure cover by a member of staff.
- Liaise with contractors responsible for the provision of security equipment.
- Prevent unauthorized access, trespass, or parking of vehicles on the premises and grounds.
Supervise the cleaning (internal and external) ensure it is performed efficiently and to a high-quality standard:
- Ensure all cleaning duties of site staff and cleaners are fulfilled and that the academies are a clean and litter-free environment.
- Ensure COSHH regulations are adhered to.
Take a supporting role in monitoring, maintaining the Health and Safety policies and procedure as they relate to the building, facilities, cleaning, and grounds:
- Lead in ensuring all fire, water, asbestos and other regulatory compliance matters.
- Assist in all fire/safety evacuation procedures and tests.
- Equipment used by site staff and cleaning staff is validated and in safe working condition.
- Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments are up-to-date, and staff are trained in their use.
- Records are kept of regular checks/service calls on equipment.
- Ensure all site staff are trained in all relevant emergency procedures.
- Monitor and manage stock (e.g. bulbs, cleaning / hygiene materials) within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
- Maintain an inventory of all machinery, equipment and /materials.
- Carry out complex administrative tasks e.g. maintaining records, information, and data, producing reports as required.
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. MS Office, internet, intranet, E-mail, photography equipment) and compliance systems.
- Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others. This will include intruder alarm, fire alarm, heating systems, BMS and any other systems associated with the running of the buildings.
- Control and manage devolved budget in line with financial procedures.
- Maintain tidy and organized workspaces and storage areas.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
- To Supervise cleaning staff ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the department.
This post is full time - 52 Weeks
Monday to Friday 06:30 - 09:30 and 13:30 - 18:00 (split shift)
Interviews are to be held on Friday, 29th July, 2022.
The Voyage Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks. Therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
It is an offence to apply for a role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
Voyage Education Partnership welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
The post holder must have in depth understanding of the following:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, relevant HSE regulations, ACOPs and guidance notes.
- Fire, water, heating, intruder and any other systems related to the running of a commercial building.
- Undertake training as required.
To apply please click on this link